CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This past year

So 2008 has come and gone and I am not sad to see it go. Overall it was a pretty good year but I am looking forward to what 2009 will bring. First lets recap what has happened this past year. I decided to start a blog that I have not done well with but will try harder this year to keep it updated. In April we decided to move from Connecticut to Long Island, which has proven to be a little disappointing. We did a lot of traveling this year that included DC in March, Colorado in June for an Anniversary party for my in-laws, New York in July for our Anniversary where we went to the Natural History Museum and a Yankees game, Ohio in August for a wedding and where I also got to spend some time with an old high school friend, Delaware and Philly in September to see my sister and her in-laws, Maine in October for my birthday, Colorado in November and again two more times in December.

To recap a little more about our trip in November we went home for Thanksgiving and our 2nd nieces 1 year birthday. While we were home we also got to spend time with some of Hubby's friends from high school who we don't get to see as often as we like. For December we went home for a wedding of one of my best friends from high school and also got to spend time with my best friends Heather and Edwin who were there from Germany. And then a week later we flew out again for Christmas. We were supposed to stay in a cabin with my hubby's family but on Christmas Eve my sister-in-law and her husband had to take my niece to the emergency room where they stayed till the next day. So we decided to cut the trip short so we could all be together and had what I think was one of the best Christmas's. We also got see some of our close friends while we were home and had a great time seeing them all. We just wish we could see all of them more often. Well that about raps up 2008 in a nut shell.

I can only hope that 2009 will bring us as much fun and joy as 2008 has and so far we are off to a good start. We have many travel plans that include; Greece, hopefully Germany, Hawaii and hopefully many more fun places. We will also be adding a niece or nephew to our family this year as my sister-in-law and her husband are going to have their third baby later this year!

I hope everyone had a great 2008 and I wish everyone the best for 2009.

0 comments: