CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ready for Summer to be gone


So to catch up over the last few weekends; the first weekend in august we drove out to the Hamptons and went out to Montauk. It was a nice and slow drive. It took us almost 3 hours because of all the traffic heading out there for the weekend. After about 2 hours into the drive we got hit with a pretty bad storm so we didn't get to see much out there but we still had fun. On Sunday we went for a hike in a state park by us but let me just say this, hiking out here is nothing like hiking in Colorado. For the first part we could still hear cars driving by and the second part was in high grass that left you itching. Plus we brought home a few friends called ticks. I hate ticks! And nothing happened last weekend.


I am really looking forward to this weekend because Hubby and I are going on a mini road trip. We have some good friends getting married on Saturday in Ohio and hubby is a groomsman and instead of flying out there we are going to drive. Since we have been out here on Long Island we hardly get to spend any time together because of his work schedule, so I am excited to be in a car with him for about 8 hours!


This will probably also be one of our last big things before summer is over so I hope it goes well. But I have to say that I am ready for it to be gone and for Fall to begin. I love Fall, it is my favorite season and I love everything about it. The weather with its brisk days, pulling out my favorite sweaters and scarves and apple and pumpkin picking. But I will still enjoy the last hot days of summer before they go.

I am still trying to finish my biography but i only have about 6 chapters left. So wish me luck!

0 comments: